The Launcher Deluxe enables you to add 26dB of gain and color to two separate ribbon and dynamic mic sources or bypass the boost and just get a dose of beautiful saturation on any active microphone or line-level signal. Whether you need to boost a bland mic, spice up a sterile source, add some depth to your mixes or expand your sound in the live setting, the Launcher Deluxe can help make your audio stand out.
The Launcher Deluxe utilizes two separate signal paths for passing both mic and line-level signals through the unit. Each individual path features two custom hand-wound toroidal transformers (four in total) and the same analog circuit that gave the original Launcher its distinct color and vibe. Unlike other microphone boosters, there is nothing clean about the Launcher Deluxe. You’ll benefit from a powerful dose of stereo color, which you can control by driving your preamp as little or as much as you like.
Designed for flexibility, each channel of the Launcher Deluxe features two individually selectable modes, Launcher Mode and Saturate Mode, to benefit any source. Launcher Mode delivers a 26dB boost of gain and color to any dynamic or ribbon microphone. Flip the switch to Saturate Mode to bypass the additional gain and impart the classic character of The Launcher on any FET or tube condenser mic and line-level signals.
Specs for Saturate mode:
- Gain: 0 dB
- Max Output Level: 5 V
- Output Noise Level: N/A
- Powering: No phantom power necessary in Saturation Mode.
- Electrical Impedance: Equal to the impedance of your microphone preamp, mixer, or audio interface.
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 kOhm
- Current consumption: N/A
Specs for Launcher mode:
- Gain: 26 dB (load >1kOhms)
- Max Output Level (0.5% THD): 8.3 dBV (2.6 V)
- Output Noise Level: 8 μV (JIS-A)
- Powering: 48 Volts (According to IEC 61938)
- Electrical Impedance: 1 kOhms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1 kOhms
- Current consumption: 5.0 mA
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.