Soyuz The Launcher
Imagine a little box that could bring that old school magic sound to recordings made with a common dynamic mic and an ordinary interface. Impossible? Not anymore. Introducing the Soyuz Launcher.
The Launcher is not meant to be transparent and clean like other “gain boosters” on the market. Imagine taking a piece of a vintage analog console and putting it in a magic little box. It’s no longer a fantasy with the Launcher. If you’ve ever struggled to get “that” sound when plugging your mic into an interface without an external preamp, then struggle no more. The Launcher makes your mics sound like they’re running through a vintage console– even when they’re plugged into a simple interface or PA system.
The Launcher imparts a truly special character and color that will bring your sound to the next level. With its custom hand-wound transformer, the Launcher’s warm character will forever change the way you look at dynamic and ribbon microphones.
Whether on the stage, in the booth, or in your bedroom, the Launcher gives your microphones the ability to perform incredibly with virtually any interface or preamp by optimizing the sound of your source, boosting your gain by 26dB, and lowering the amount of audible noise in your signal chain.
- Frequency Range: 10 Hz – 20,000 Hz (-1 dB)
- Gain: 26 dB (load >1kOhms)
- Max output level: 8.3 dBV (2.6 V)
- Output noise level: 8 μV (JIS-A)
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical impedance: 1k Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current consumption: 5.0 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male/female XLR connector
- Weight: 0.9 lb (410 grams)
- Dimensions: 44 x 21 x 19 in (111 x 53 x 48 cm)