The RNDI-8 consists of eight independent channels of RNDI Active Transformer Direct Interface in a single rack space, providing instrument direct injection for electric guitar & bass, synthesizer, keyboard, piezo pickup, or any other instrument-level source. The discrete, class-A circuit topology is built around Mr. Rupert Neve’s custom transformers, resulting in outstanding sonic performance and supremely natural sound from 5Hz all the way out to well beyond 90kHz. Each channel can handle input levels up to +21dBu (+31dBu with the pad engaged), the low impedance transformer-coupled output drives long lines with minimal loss, and the rugged chassis’ steel construction is designed for a lifetime of stage and studio use.
The RNDI-8’s signature sound stems from the custom-designed transformers and class-A, discrete FET input amplifiers. The carefully designed union of these two elements is key to the RNDI-8’s unique accuracy, tone, and response.
The RNDI-8’s custom-wound output transformers provide isolation while adding musical harmonics and dimension to the sound. The low impedance, transformer-balanced outputs excel at driving long cable runs, and the performance is consistent regardless of the connected equipment. This is important for both live and studio environments where the unamplified signal may travel 100ft or more before hitting an amplifier.
- Class A, discrete amplifiers meet Rupert’s custom transformers for groundbreaking direct tone
- Maximum input level is a massive +21 dBu (+31 dBU with -10 dB pad engaged) making the RNDI-8 capable of handling not only instruments but also professional line-level sources like interfaces, drum machines, and even the highest-output DJ mixers
- Rugged solid steel 1U 19" rack-mount chassis featuring an industrial-grade powder coating and is built to withstand the severe stresses of life on the road
- Included bolt-on rack ears are reversible for multiple mounting options
- Consistency across a wide variety of sources due to its 2M Ohm discrete FET input and huge headroom, providing superb sound for guitars, synths, basses, acoustic instruments, keyboards, and even professional line level devices
- Low impedance transformer coupled output is capable of driving long lines with unrivaled high frequency performance
- 1/4" THRU outputs can be used to feed amplifier inputs for reinforcement
- Pin 1 Isolate switches are provided on the rear panel to help fix any problematic grounding, as well as Ground Lift switches on the front panel to isolate each channel’s circuit ground from chassis ground
- Each of the RNDI-8’s eight channels is powered by standard 48V phantom power, indicated by blue LEDs on the front panel, one per channel
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.