Rupert Neve Designs 5254
Since the early 1970s, Rupert Neve’s early diode bridge compressors have been revered for the punch & glue they bring to drums, instruments, and the mix buss – but these desirable characteristics were unfortunately accompanied by inflexible controls and fairly limited versatility. Rupert Neve Designs created the 5254 Dual Diode Bridge Compressor to capture the soul of these coveted compressors while providing modern updates including advanced timing control, significantly lower noise, fully stepped controls throughout, higher voltage power rails, and internal parallel processing capabilities.
Made for Tone
Unlike our VCA compressors, which are built for exacting clarity, the harmonically rich tonality of the Dual Diode Bridge Compressor is built to produce a wide range of colors – and built to help you make a statement with your music. Based on the dynamics circuit originally developed for the acclaimed Shelford Channel, the 5254 is outfitted for dual mono or stereo use with Rupert Neve Designs’ custom transformers and class-A electronics, tailor made for a compact 1U 19” enclosure.
- Classic Diode Bridge Tone - Capture the punchy, larger-than-life tone used on countless hit records for the last 50 years.
- Advanced timing controls - Custom-shape your compression envelope with the unified timing control, which enables a much wider range of responses than vintage units or clones.
- Custom Transformers and Class-A Line Amplifiers - Vintage warmth meets the improved headroom and precision of Rupert Neve’s updated transformer-coupled line stages.
- 31-Position Detented Controls - Accurately recall and match your settings with precision and speed.
- Built-In Parallel Compression - Internal blend control enables you to subtly dial in more dramatic compression settings for color as desired.
- Full-Wave Sidechain Detection - Enhanced from the vintage units’ half-wave design, the updated sidechain detector provides substantially more accuracy.
- Stereo Linking - Run your compressors in either dual mono or stereo configurations.
- Internal Universal Power Supply - EIC connection for world-wide AC power from 90-240V embedded in the 1U rack-mountable chassis.
- XLR Line Input to XLR Line Output (Compressor Bypassed) ZSOURCE= 40 Ω Balanced
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ
- Output Impedance: 40 Ω
- Maximum Input Level (+4dBu Selected): +26.7 dBu typical
- Maximum Output Level: +26.7 dBu typical
- Noise (22 Hz – 22 kHz BW): -104 dBu typical
- Frequency Response (10 Hz to 120 kHz): +/- 0.25 dB typical
- THD+N @1 kHz @ Maximum Level (22 Hz – 22 kHz BW): 0.0008% typical
Compressor Noise Specifications:
- Noise @ 0dB Make-Up Gain (22 Hz – 22 kHz BW): -84.5 dBu typical
- Noise @ +20dB Make-Up Gain (22 Hz – 22 kHz BW): -64.5 dBu typical
Compressor Timing Specifications:
Note: TIMING measurements represent the full range achievable between 1.5:1 and 8:1 ratio and FAST mode
- FAST Attack 250μS – 2 mS // Release 100mS – 200mS typical
- MF (MEDIUM FAST) Attack 1mS – 5mS // Release 100mS – 200mS typical
- MED (MEDIUM) Attack 3mS – 18mS // Release 350mS – 700mS typical
- MS (MEDIUM SLOW) Attack 5mS – 40mS // Release 600mS – 1S typical
- SLOW Attack 10mS – 80 mS // Release 800mS – 1.5S typical
- AUTO Attack 5mS – 40mS // Release T1 400-900mS, T2 1-2S typical
Weight & Dimensions:
- Product Dimensions (W x D x H): 19” (48.3 cm) x 8.25” (20.9 cm) x 1.65” (4.2 cm)
- Shipping Dimensions (L x W x H): 24” (61 cm) x 13” (33 cm) x 4” (10.2 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)
All prices on our website include 23% Portuguese VAT and are also displayed VAT free. If you’re buying from outside of Portugal and have a VAT registered business within the EU, you can buy directly on our store without VAT. Just add the product to your cart and go to the checkout page and there will be an option for you to enter and validate your VAT ID. If it's accepted through our system your order will be completed and fulfilled without VAT. Please note, if you use an express checkout or buy it now button the option to buy without VAT isn't available, you need to add the product to cart first and use the standard checkout procedure.
We can ship worldwide but our online store is configured to only handle orders to EU (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden) and Schengen countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland). If you want us to ship to a country outside this list just get and touch with us so we can quote you and let you know how much it would be to fulfil such order.
For all orders over €400 will automatically receive free shipping during checkout, if it's for one of mainland EU countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia). No need to add a promo code or voucher, it's all done automatically!
We have access to all the products of the brands we represent, however not all of them are listed. Please get in touch and let us know what you’re looking for, we can pretty much guarantee the best price in Europe.
We use UPS so you can expect 1 - 3 business days to get it after we ship (1-2 days if we’re shipping to continental Portugal). If the item you bought is in stock, we usually ship the same day (for orders placed until 11AM) or the next day at the latest. If we’re out of stock, we can usually get the products in 2-5 working days. Please get in touch if you have a specific deadline you have to meet before ordering. In some cases we can ship a demo unit to get you to work if the manufacturer has a longer lead time.
Regarding plugin sales in our online store, those are processed automatically so you'll receive your code immediately after your purchase!
Bank transfer is preferred, but we take all major credit cards, PayPal, or cash if you’re picking up the gear at our shop. We don’t accept debit cards or checks at the moment. If you’re looking for financing for your purchase get in touch as we might be able to help you with that.
According to EU law, we accept returns for all the products purchased through our online store during the next 14 days after receiving the goods, provided that the packaging is in it’s original condition. If this is not the case, we reserve the right to refuse the return or charge a re-stocking fee.
All returns need to be pre-approved by us and must be complete including accessories and documentation with original packaging.
You are responsible for return shipping costs including shipping insurance which is recommended to protect your items, as you are liable for items damaged during return shipment. Additionally, if you received free shipping on the order when we fulfilled it, we will be deducting the value of this shipping cost from your refund/discount.
We do not accept returns of the following goods: (1) Software and computers; (2) All custom or special order items; (3) Magnetic tape or other recording medium; (4) Personal use items, such as headphones or windscreens; (5) Studio furniture, racks and chairs.
After inspection of the returned goods, and providing that they meet the conditions stated above, we will issue a refund or give you credit for another purchase.
Everything we sell is covered by the manufacture's warranty, which is a least 1 year. Special conditions may apply.
Yes, we do. Please contact us to know if the software you’re looking for has an Education licence available.
We don’t through this website, but please check our Reverb store. There you can find B-Stock and Ex-Demo gear, as well as other stuff (used and new) from brands we don’t usually represent.
At Arda we try to work with only the best brands in the business, because we know how important is reliability in a professional environment. That being said, sometimes shit happens. If you run into some issue with anything you bought from us, please get in touch and we’ll try our best to take care of it ASAP. We might even be able to provide you with some sort of replacement gear in order to minimize downtime.