Pace iLok 3
The new Avid Pace iLok 3 is fully backward compatible with previous versions – so all software developed for use with a 2nd generation iLok will continue to work with a 3rd generation iLok. This means that there should be no need to have to buy an iLok3 for software compatibility, as there are no relevant design changes with the iLok3, unlike the changes from the original iLoks to the iLok2, where a number of brands licenses were no longer compatible with the original iLoks, because of license format changes.
Despite reports to the contrary PACE, the makers of iLok, state that since its release 16 years ago, the iLok hardware device has never been compromised.
The design of the 3rd generation iLok is a huge step up from previous versions.
- Full Metal Jacket - one piece extruded aluminum frame
- Will not split or crack under normal circumstances
- Blue LED indicator light
- ￼Security Loop - It is a little wider and stronger, and most desktop security cables should fit through this loop.
- Size - Half the size of the iLok II
- Speed - Twice as fast as the iLok II
- Space - Store up to 3 times as many licenses as the iLok II - holds up to 1500 software license authorizations