The DAV Electronics BG504 is a single-channel 1 slot compressor/limiter for 500 Series format. It brings the popularity of the Decca Heritage BG4 MkII compressor/limiter to the 500 Series world with many of its rack sibling characteristics such as the ultra-low noise and distortion Decca 1977 limiter circuit, electronically balanced input and output and threshold ranging from +18dBu to -2dBu.
New features include continuously variable ratio control ranging from 2:1 all the way up to 10:1, continuous variable recovery control ranging from 0.5 seconds all the way to 3 seconds. A side-chain high pass filter ranging from 10Hz to 200Hz lets you filter the bass to avoid unwanted low-end energy triggering the compressor unnecessarily. A Stereo Link connection lets you connect two units together ensuring proper stereo operation.
- Single channel 500 Series compressor based on the BG4 MkII
- Updated Decca 1977 limiter circuit design
- Low noise and distortion design
- Electronically balanced input and output
- Continuously variable ratio ranging from 2:1 to 10:1
- Release time ranging from 0.5s to 3s
- Side-chain HPF ranging from 10Hz to 200Hz
- Stereo Link connector for proper stereo operation with two BG504
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.