Barefoot Sound Footprint01
The Footprint01™ is a active 3-way speaker that shares the same Thomas Barefoot signature designs — Dual-Force™ technology opposing sub woofers, dual ring radiator tweeter and Multi-Emphasis Monitor Emulation™ technology — as the MicroMain and MasterStack monitor lines. Footprint01 features dual opposing 8-inch paper cone subwoofers, a 4-inch aluminum cone midrange driver and a 1-inch dual ring radiating tweeter, components that all share a lineage with Barefoot’s other products.
The 2-way DSP crossover feeds dual Class D amplifier modules that drive the subwoofers with 500W of power and deliver 150W to the mid- and high-frequency drivers. There is a passive crossover network between the midrange driver and the tweeter. The midrange woofer is positioned above the tweeter in an unusual speaker geometry that creates the acoustic focus in the center of the cabinet.
Thomas Barefoot’s approach to reference monitor speaker design has always been to provide audio professionals with exemplary sound quality, wide dynamic range and bass extension at every stage of the audio production process, from recording through mixing to mastering. But not every project begins or ends in a high-end studio that offers Barefoot MicroMain or MasterStack monitors. The new Footprint01 model is Barefoot Sound’s response to evolving modern workflows, making the company’s ultra-high performance technologies available to audio professionals working in home-based facilities, smaller writing, editing or post production rooms, or on the road. Now, composers, songwriters, musicians, beat-makers, post production specialists and others can benefit from the Barefoot sound, whatever their work environment.
Features & Specs
- Description: 3-way active monitor with MEME™ voice emulation
- Controls: Input level stepped attenuator, MEME voice select
- Input Impedance: Balanced XLR, 50k Ohm Impedance
- Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1 meter with -15dBV input signal (Level control set to 0dB)
- Frequency Response: 36Hz – 45kHz (±3dB) | 45Hz – 40kHz (±1dB)
- Bass Response: -3 dB @ 36Hz, Q = 0.707 | Slope = 18 dB/octave
- Cabinet: 18 liters total internal volume, Sealed woofer and midrange enclosures, Machined aluminum baffle plate, Long fiber wool acoustic damping throughout
- Crossover Frequencies: 250 / 3600 Hz (Passive crossover between Midrange and Tweeter)
- Tweeter: 1″ ring radiator, Low distortion motor, Rear waveguide chamber
- Midrange: 4.0″ aluminum cone, Aluminum phase plug, Low distortion motor, +/- 3.5 mm linear excursion
- Woofers: 8″ paper cone, +/- 9.5 mm linear excursion
- High Frequency Amplifier: 150W
- Low Frequency Amplifier: 500W
- AC Power Input: 85 VAC to 265 VAC
- Power Consumption: Idle: 2W, Maximum: 765W
- Weight: Speaker: 35 lbs each (16 kg)
- Shipping: 44.5 lbs each (20.2 kg)
- Dimensions HxWxD: Cabinet: 14.0 x 9.5 x 13.0 inches (356 x 241 x 330 mm)
- Overall: 14.0 x 10.25 x 13.6 inches (356 x 260 x 345 mm)