Get the unparalleled speed, rich visual feedback, and software integration of Avid’s high-end consoles in a slimline surface that’s an easy fit for any space or budget. Avid S1 gives you deep hands-on control of your favorite audio and video software. Together with the free Avid Control app on your iPad or Android tablet, it provides great ergonomic efficiency, easy touch workflows, and Avid S6-style metering and processing views, so you can mix more intuitively and turn around better sounding mixes fast.
While Avid S1 fits easily between your display and keyboard, it packs a lot of mixing power into its small surface. From motorized faders and knobs that respond to your touch, to fast-access touchscreen workflows and Soft Keys that enable you to perform complex tasks with a single press, S1 provides the speed and versatility to accelerate any music, audio post, or video project.
S1 is powered by EUCON, Avid’s high-speed Ethernet control protocol that delivers deep hardware/software integration, giving you full touch and tactile access to a host of Avid and third-party software functions and controls. You can even switch between multiple applications—and workstations—at the touch of a button, providing the most fluid editing and mixing experience.
S1 not only features high-resolution OLED displays, it integrates with the free Avid Control app on your tablet, providing rich visual feedback to enhance your workflow. From track names, parameter values, and automation, to S6-style monitoring, metering, and channel processing views, you get the comprehensive feedback of a high-end console in a versatile surface for the budget-minded.
Need more faders? Connect multiple S1 units together to create an extended, fully integrated control surface that provides more tactile control to handle larger mixes. You can even seamlessly connect Avid Dock to S1 to have dedicated transport controls, a jog wheel, focus fader, and more at your fingertips.
- Accelerate your workflow: from muting and soloing tracks, editing plugins, and routing signals, to writing surround panning automation and triggering macros, S1 provides total hands-on access to your audio or video project, giving you greater speed and precision than mixing with a mouse and keyboard alone.
- Get pro-level hands-on control: from its motorized, touch-sensitive faders and touch-sensitive knobs, to support for VCA spill, monitor control, and custom layouts, S1 goes far beyond what you can do with a MIDI-based controller. Plus, its customizable Soft Keys speed up tedious tasks, enabling you to trigger functions with a simple tap.
- Work with your favorite creative tools: S1 offers deep integration with Pro Tools and Media Composer, plus native support for a variety of third-party audio and video applications, including Logic Pro, Cubase, Premiere Pro, and more, to dramatically speed up editing and mixing tasks.
- Navigate large sessions fast: with Avid Control on your connected iPad or Android tablet, you can get to where you need to go instantly. Jump to a track by selecting it in Tracks View. Swipe through multiple channels in Mix View. And open and close Pro Tools Folder Tracks right from the surface, greatly speeding up session navigation.
- View your mix in great detail: from track names, parameter values, and high-res S6-style metering (including gain reduction), to 7.1.2 surround panning, automation status, and channel processing graphs, S1 gives you great insight into your mix. You get the visual feedback you need to make better creative decisions.
- Get S6-style monitoring control: easily control EUCON-enabled monitoring right from the surface. With the Monitoring View in Avid Control, you can quickly assign and manage source selections, cue mixes, talkback, listenback, speaker cuts, and more to speed up your workflow.