- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
ex VAT: €829,27
Accelerate your editing and mixing tasks in creative new ways. Based on the advanced touchscreen workflows of the award-winning Avid S6 and hybrid command of the bestselling Artist Control, Avid Dock (formerly Pro Tools | Dock) provides intelligent studio control in a portable, ergonomic, and affordable surface. Working together with your iPad or Android tablet, you get the quick touchscreen access and tactile precision control you need to navigate and control music and post projects faster using your favorite DAWs. And when paired with Avid S1 or S3, you gain new timesaving touch workflows and custom control. Mixing deadlines have met their match.
Mixing can be tedious with a keyboard and mouse alone. Or lacking in tactile feedback with just a touchscreen. With the combination of touchscreen, fader, knob, and switch control, you gain incomparable navigation speed and tactile precision to create better sounding mixes faster. Jump to any track or section with a touch. Create custom macros to perform complex tasks instantly. And mix with your ears—not your eyes—with ergonomic controls you can feel at your fingers.
Forget limiting yourself to a single application, workflow, or industry. With the Avid Dock and your iOS or Android tablet, you can boost your creative opportunities. Work with multiple software tools in parallel instead of porting projects. Get extensive audio, video, and monitoring software integration and control from the surface. Take control of DAWs and video editing applications to mix music or audio post projects. And powerfully extend the capabilities of Avid S1 or S3. All from a single integrated control surface.
Experience the deepest level of integration and control with Pro Tools and Pro Tools | Ultimate. Plus, get exceptional control of Logic Pro X, Cubase, and other EUCON-enabled DAWs. Because the Dock is EUCON-aware, it automatically switches its controls to the application in focus on your computer. Or you can lock down parts of the surface to specific software for multi-application control.
No other control solution offers the incredible power of integrated tactile and touch control, previously only found in the acclaimed Avid S6, at a fraction of its size and price. Gain powerful touchscreen capabilities, Attention Channel control, and Soft Knob mapping when you dock your tablet running the free Avid Control (formerly Pro Tools | Control) app. Plus, access software key commands, functions, and shortcuts, as well as interact with EQ, dynamics, and other parameters right from the surface.
- Speed up your workflow: Avid Dock features EUCON, a high-speed Ethernet-based technology that enables the hardware to communicate directly with many popular applications, including Pro Tools, Media Composer, Logic Pro X, Cubase, Nuendo, Premiere, and more. From accessing hundreds of software functions and commands, to navigating projects, adjusting plugins, and automating tracks, Dock gives you touch and tactile control right from the surface.
- Get hybrid touch and tactile control: while Avid Dock can be used standalone, it provides deeper control of your software when used with the free Avid Control app on your tablet. The app offers a host of views, controls, and visual feedback to speed up your efficiency. Navigate huge sessions with the Universe Scroller. See up to 96 tracks at a time and bring a track immediately to the surface in Tracks view. And make tweaks to tracks, EQ, dynamics, and plugins in the Mixer and Channel views.
- Adjust parameters with a twist: edit and mix tracks with eight push-top, touch-sensitive Soft Knobs that interact with whatever knobset you’ve chosen in the Avid Control app. Select an EQ, plugin, send, pan, or other item, and all parameters instantly map to the knobs for tweaking. And because you’re making adjustments with physical controls, you don’t have to focus on your computer screen and can instead really listen to how your adjustments impact your mix.
- Speed up tasks with Soft Keys: you can click-click-click your way through frequently performed editing and mixing tasks. Or you can assign the 16 surface Soft Keys or the Avid Control Soft Keys to do the tedious work for you. Trigger menu commands and other software functions and recall layouts at the press or tap of a button. You can also adapt the Dock to your unique workflow by grouping Soft Keys and programming macros to perform more complex tasks.
- Get your hands on important channels: when you need to focus on a specific track, or want more tactile precision, a single “attention” channel awaits. Select any track from the touchscreen and the channel maps directly to the Dock’s surface controls. Adjust levels with the touch-sensitive, motorized fader. Select, record-enable, solo, and mute the track. And keep an eye on your levels with the 10-segment meter.
- Automate tracks with ease: with 12 dedicated automation switches, you can toggle modes and write automation directly from the surface. Press the ALT key and you have access to additional Pro Tools | Ultimate functions using the same keys, including Preview, Join, Punch Capture, and Write to Punch. You can even attach a footswitch to the Dock to control punch recording.
- Bring enhanced touch workflows to S1 and S3: pair Avid Dock with an Avid S1 or S3 control surface and you gain even more timesaving workflows. Speed up tasks with physical transport, jog, shuttle and focus fader capabilities. Enable more flexible touchscreen workflows. Customize and recall layouts quickly. Work with VCA groups more easily. And trigger frequently performed functions and macros with dedicated Soft Keys as you continue mixing on S1 or S3.
- Navigate your project your way: get full transport controls, an assignable weighted jog wheel, and right-side switches to navigate, jog, shuttle, zoom, bank, switch workstations, and more. Scroll through projects or perform custom tasks with the two programmable touch strips. Get ICON-favorite “Scroll to Track” and “Scroll into View” features when using Pro Tools. And quickly access any channel in Tracks view or the Universe Scroller in Avid Control—no matter how huge the session.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.