Avid Pro Tools Dock
Accelerate your editing and mixing tasks in creative new ways. Based on the advanced touchscreen workflows of the award-winning Avid S6 and hybrid command of the bestselling Artist Control, Avid Dock (formerly Pro Tools | Dock) provides intelligent studio control in a portable, ergonomic, and affordable surface. Working together with your iPad or Android tablet, you get the quick touchscreen access and tactile precision control you need to navigate and control music and post projects faster using your favorite DAWs. And when paired with Avid S1 or S3, you gain new timesaving touch workflows and custom control. Mixing deadlines have met their match.
Mixing can be tedious with a keyboard and mouse alone. Or lacking in tactile feedback with just a touchscreen. With the combination of touchscreen, fader, knob, and switch control, you gain incomparable navigation speed and tactile precision to create better sounding mixes faster. Jump to any track or section with a touch. Create custom macros to perform complex tasks instantly. And mix with your ears—not your eyes—with ergonomic controls you can feel at your fingers.
Forget limiting yourself to a single application, workflow, or industry. With the Avid Dock and your iOS or Android tablet, you can boost your creative opportunities. Work with multiple software tools in parallel instead of porting projects. Get extensive audio, video, and monitoring software integration and control from the surface. Take control of DAWs and video editing applications to mix music or audio post projects. And powerfully extend the capabilities of Avid S1 or S3. All from a single integrated control surface.
Experience the deepest level of integration and control with Pro Tools and Pro Tools | Ultimate. Plus, get exceptional control of Logic Pro X, Cubase, and other EUCON-enabled DAWs. Because the Dock is EUCON-aware, it automatically switches its controls to the application in focus on your computer. Or you can lock down parts of the surface to specific software for multi-application control.
No other control solution offers the incredible power of integrated tactile and touch control, previously only found in the acclaimed Avid S6, at a fraction of its size and price. Gain powerful touchscreen capabilities, Attention Channel control, and Soft Knob mapping when you dock your tablet running the free Avid Control (formerly Pro Tools | Control) app. Plus, access software key commands, functions, and shortcuts, as well as interact with EQ, dynamics, and other parameters right from the surface.
- Speed up your workflow: Avid Dock features EUCON, a high-speed Ethernet-based technology that enables the hardware to communicate directly with many popular applications, including Pro Tools, Media Composer, Logic Pro X, Cubase, Nuendo, Premiere, and more. From accessing hundreds of software functions and commands, to navigating projects, adjusting plugins, and automating tracks, Dock gives you touch and tactile control right from the surface.
- Get hybrid touch and tactile control: while Avid Dock can be used standalone, it provides deeper control of your software when used with the free Avid Control app on your tablet. The app offers a host of views, controls, and visual feedback to speed up your efficiency. Navigate huge sessions with the Universe Scroller. See up to 96 tracks at a time and bring a track immediately to the surface in Tracks view. And make tweaks to tracks, EQ, dynamics, and plugins in the Mixer and Channel views.
- Adjust parameters with a twist: edit and mix tracks with eight push-top, touch-sensitive Soft Knobs that interact with whatever knobset you’ve chosen in the Avid Control app. Select an EQ, plugin, send, pan, or other item, and all parameters instantly map to the knobs for tweaking. And because you’re making adjustments with physical controls, you don’t have to focus on your computer screen and can instead really listen to how your adjustments impact your mix.
- Speed up tasks with Soft Keys: you can click-click-click your way through frequently performed editing and mixing tasks. Or you can assign the 16 surface Soft Keys or the Avid Control Soft Keys to do the tedious work for you. Trigger menu commands and other software functions and recall layouts at the press or tap of a button. You can also adapt the Dock to your unique workflow by grouping Soft Keys and programming macros to perform more complex tasks.
- Get your hands on important channels: when you need to focus on a specific track, or want more tactile precision, a single “attention” channel awaits. Select any track from the touchscreen and the channel maps directly to the Dock’s surface controls. Adjust levels with the touch-sensitive, motorized fader. Select, record-enable, solo, and mute the track. And keep an eye on your levels with the 10-segment meter.
- Automate tracks with ease: with 12 dedicated automation switches, you can toggle modes and write automation directly from the surface. Press the ALT key and you have access to additional Pro Tools | Ultimate functions using the same keys, including Preview, Join, Punch Capture, and Write to Punch. You can even attach a footswitch to the Dock to control punch recording.
- Bring enhanced touch workflows to S1 and S3: pair Avid Dock with an Avid S1 or S3 control surface and you gain even more timesaving workflows. Speed up tasks with physical transport, jog, shuttle and focus fader capabilities. Enable more flexible touchscreen workflows. Customize and recall layouts quickly. Work with VCA groups more easily. And trigger frequently performed functions and macros with dedicated Soft Keys as you continue mixing on S1 or S3.
- Navigate your project your way: get full transport controls, an assignable weighted jog wheel, and right-side switches to navigate, jog, shuttle, zoom, bank, switch workstations, and more. Scroll through projects or perform custom tasks with the two programmable touch strips. Get ICON-favorite “Scroll to Track” and “Scroll into View” features when using Pro Tools. And quickly access any channel in Tracks view or the Universe Scroller in Avid Control—no matter how huge the session.
All prices on our website include 23% Portuguese VAT and are also displayed VAT free. If you’re buying from outside of Portugal and have a VAT registered business within the EU, you can buy directly on our store without VAT. Just add the product to your cart and go to the checkout page and there will be an option for you to enter and validate your VAT ID. If it's accepted through our system your order will be completed and fulfilled without VAT. Please note, if you use an express checkout or buy it now button the option to buy without VAT isn't available, you need to add the product to cart first and use the standard checkout procedure.
We can ship worldwide but our online store is configured to only handle orders to EU (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden) and Schengen countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland). If you want us to ship to a country outside this list just get and touch with us so we can quote you and let you know how much it would be to fulfil such order.
For all orders over €400 will automatically receive free shipping during checkout, if it's for one of mainland EU countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia). No need to add a promo code or voucher, it's all done automatically!
We have access to all the products of the brands we represent, however not all of them are listed. Please get in touch and let us know what you’re looking for, we can pretty much guarantee the best price in Europe.
We use UPS so you can expect 1 - 3 business days to get it after we ship (1-2 days if we’re shipping to continental Portugal). If the item you bought is in stock, we usually ship the same day (for orders placed until 11AM) or the next day at the latest. If we’re out of stock, we can usually get the products in 2-5 working days. Please get in touch if you have a specific deadline you have to meet before ordering. In some cases we can ship a demo unit to get you to work if the manufacturer has a longer lead time.
Regarding plugin sales in our online store, those are processed automatically so you'll receive your code immediately after your purchase!
Bank transfer is preferred, but we take all major credit cards, PayPal, or cash if you’re picking up the gear at our shop. We don’t accept debit cards or checks at the moment. If you’re looking for financing for your purchase get in touch as we might be able to help you with that.
According to EU law, we accept returns for all the products purchased through our online store during the next 14 days after receiving the goods, provided that the packaging is in it’s original condition. If this is not the case, we reserve the right to refuse the return or charge a re-stocking fee.
All returns need to be pre-approved by us and must be complete including accessories and documentation with original packaging.
You are responsible for return shipping costs including shipping insurance which is recommended to protect your items, as you are liable for items damaged during return shipment. Additionally, if you received free shipping on the order when we fulfilled it, we will be deducting the value of this shipping cost from your refund/discount.
We do not accept returns of the following goods: (1) Software and computers; (2) All custom or special order items; (3) Magnetic tape or other recording medium; (4) Personal use items, such as headphones or windscreens; (5) Studio furniture, racks and chairs.
After inspection of the returned goods, and providing that they meet the conditions stated above, we will issue a refund or give you credit for another purchase.
Everything we sell is covered by the manufacture's warranty, which is a least 1 year. Special conditions may apply.
Yes, we do. Please contact us to know if the software you’re looking for has an Education licence available.
We don’t through this website, but please check our Reverb store. There you can find B-Stock and Ex-Demo gear, as well as other stuff (used and new) from brands we don’t usually represent.
At Arda we try to work with only the best brands in the business, because we know how important is reliability in a professional environment. That being said, sometimes shit happens. If you run into some issue with anything you bought from us, please get in touch and we’ll try our best to take care of it ASAP. We might even be able to provide you with some sort of replacement gear in order to minimize downtime.