ATC SCM12 Pro
The ATC SMSC12 Pro is a passive two-way studio monitor that combines outstanding clarity and class-leading dynamic range in a compact, affordable package. Equipped with a state-of-the-art CLD mid/bass driver and a dual-suspension tweeter, SMSC12 Pro monitors deliver balanced, neutral sound with a wide sweet spot. With high-performance components a compact footprint, SMSC12 Pro monitors are ideal for critical near-field listening in small-to-medium control rooms.
The ATC SMSC12 Pro features a one-inch soft dome tweeter with an innovative dual suspension design for silky smooth highs up to 22 kHz. Unlike conventional tweeters, ATC’s dual suspension tweeters offer far greater control of the voice coil and dome motion—especially at higher sound pressure levels. By reducing internal distortion, this groundbreaking design delivers detailed highs with improved clarity and definition. ATC’s dual suspension tweeters also significantly reduce listener fatigue, allowing you to work on long mixing projects without losing perspective.
SMSC12 Pro studio monitors are equipped with ATC’s legendary six-inch Constrained Layer Damping (CLD) mid/bass driver. With a 1.75-inch diameter voice coil, and a Finite Element Analysis (FEA) optimized high-energy symmetric gap motor system, CLD drivers deliver an extended dynamic range for powerful, distortion-free low-end even at high SPLs. ATC’s Constrained Layer Damping technology uses multiple laminated fabric cones to form a stiff, light, driver cone for smoother on- and off-axis frequency response and minimal distortion.
SMSC12 Pro studio monitors feature a high-performance passive crossover with 250 VDC metalized polypropylene capacitors and hand-wound air-cored type inductors for minimal signal loss and distortion. While SMSC12 Pro studio monitors are designed to work with any traditional power amp, they perform best when paired with ATC’s 150 W per-channel P1 Pro dual-mono power amplifier. With class-leading power output and outstanding sonic resolution, ATC power amps deliver unparalleled performance.
- Compact high performance 2-way studio monitor
- Ideally suited for critical near-field listening applications in all control rooms and LCR surround monitoring in small-to-medium control rooms
- Proprietary ATC 150 mm/6 in CLD Mid/Bass Driver
- Proprietary ATC 25 mm/1 in Dual Suspension Tweeter
- 6 year warranty
- Drivers: HF ATC 1˝/25 mm dual suspension Soft Dome (SH25-76 6 Ohm) / LF ATC 6˝/150 mm Constrained Layer Damping (CLD) (SB50-150CLD 8 Ohm)
- Amplitude Linearity: 80 Hz – 16 kHz (±2 dB)
- Cut Off Frequencies: 56 Hz – 22 kHz (-6 dB freestanding)
- Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
- Maximum Continuous SPL: 108dB (per pair @ 1m)
- Crossover Frequency: 2.2 kHz
- Recommended Power Amplifier: 75 to 300 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Connectors: Binding Posts/4mm Plugs, bi-wire
- Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD): 400 x 238 x 235 mm/15.7˝ x 9.4˝ x9.3˝
- Weight: 11 kg/24 lbs (per cabinet)