The Retro Instruments 176 is based on a Bill Putnam classic, the UA 176. The 176 faithfully reproduces the sound of the 1960s original with new features for the modern recording studio. The Retro Instruments 176 provides one of the most desirable compression signatures in recording history.
- Authentic variable-mu tube design
- Precision Knob scales for easy recallability
- Continuously variable attack and release time
- Four settings of compression ratio from soft compression to limiting (2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 12:1)
- Wide-Range Sidechain Highpass Filter
- Vocal Asymmetry Tool
- Hard-wire Bypass Switch
- Interstage Transformer Bypass Switch
- High Quality VU Meter switchable between Input, Output and Gain Reduction
- XLR input and output connections
- IEC power connector
- 115/230V AC Mains
- Integral tube balance test
- Easy stereo strapping of two or more units
- Selected NOS tubes and components
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.