The KH 120 II is based on the same concept as its acclaimed predecessor but completely re-engineered for improved performance in all parameters: deeper bass, higher SPL capability and even better resolution. Internal DSP power allows for phase linear crossovers and room adaptive alignment via Neumann’s revolutionary MA 1 Automatic Alignment.
The KH 120 II has an exceptionally linear frequency response from 44 Hz to 21 kHz (±3 dB). Not only that: It also linearizes the phase response! Which translates to clear mids with astonishing transparency as well as extreme accuracy in the time domain: precise impulse reproduction and finely resolved reverbs. This is made possible by DSP controlled electronics which allow for sophisticated crossovers avoiding the phase distortion caused by analog filters. The internal DSP also realizes new standards in tonal consistency. The KH 120 II is made to extremely low tolerances of no more than ±0.5 dB! And you can hear it, too: Stereo imaging is razor-sharp.
The KH 120 II is designed for nearfield applications with a recommended listening distance of 1 – 2 meters (3 – 6 ft.). It is thus ideally suited to smaller rooms such as home and project studios as well as mixing and editing suites or as a surround speaker in large multichannel applications. Thanks to its outstanding linearity in a portable format, the KH 120 II is also an excellent choice for creating a professional quality makeshift control room when working on location (e.g. orchestra/choir, live recording, film, broadcast).
- High-precision drivers, Mathematically Modelled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide
- Linear frequency response 44 Hz … 21 kHz (±3 dB)
- Linear phase response 120 Hz … 16 kHz (±45°) with latency <2.6 ms
- DSP inside allows for room adaptive alignment via Neumann’s MA 1
- Razor sharp imaging due to extremely low tolerances (±0.5 dB)
- May be combined with other KH line speakers in immersive or surround setups
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.