Loving the LA2A’s smooth natural compression characteristics but seeking to improve upon its single compression speed inspired us to develop the XLA-3. The heart of the XLA-3 is a unique triple optoelectronic circuit that combines the best characteristics of 3 separate compression curves into a single unit. The result: a high-speed optical limiter with tones that range from ‘clean’ to ‘harmonically rich’ to ‘dirty.’
MkIII version adds stereo link capabilities to previous units, with a on/off switch for stereo link added to the front panel. Current product picture shows MkII unit.
- All tube circuitry
- High-speed cadmium-selenide (CdSe) photocells
- Custom Bakelite analog control knobs
- 15db switchable input pad
- Hand-wired 2 stage bypass switch
- Triple optoelectronic circuit
- Cinemag input transformer
- 115/230V AC Mains
- Stereo link connector
- Micalex tube sockets
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.