The Pyra-Sum is a passive summing mixer that has what other summing mixers don't: multiple cascading busses.
This bussing architecture allows you to truly have the sound and workflow of a large format console but with even more sonic flexibility and in a much smaller format. We've left out any active circuitry, which means that you have total control of the coloration that's added in the makeup gain stages—it also means you'll need to use this with eight of your own preamps. Want a different sound? Swap the preamps. You could use Neve's or API's for that 70s sound. Tube RCA preamps for that 50s sound. UTA preamps for a size and musicality that has never existed before. Or, since the preamps are inserted after each stage of summing, you can mix and match— API's on the drums, UTA preamps on the music, Neve's on the vocals, etc.
The sonic possibilities are endless.
- Four discrete stereo summing busses
- Recreate the bussing architecture of a large format console
- Incorporate the sound and color of any mic preamps you choose
- All passive circuitry
- Make better use of all your favorite outboard gear
- Make Pyra-Sum the heart of your ultimate hybrid mixing setup