Your privacy is important to us!
It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We’re fully GDPR compliant.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
What we don’t implement
We don’t use Google Analytics on our store. We don’t have Facebook Pixel installed. We don’t have big tech spying on you through our website. We care about your privacy! The only time we load 3rd party services is if actively request to use them, eg. if you use PayPal we’ll connect you to PayPal, or if you choose to play a YouTube video it will connect you to YouTube after you decide to play that video.
What we collect
1. Our online store runs on Shopify and it’s configured with a limited tracking mode so it only uses session cookies. Session cookies are generally deleted when the customer closes their browser and they exist only to fulfil the services requested by your visit to our store, not to track you.
2. Our online store is running an analytics service that's privacy-friendly, called Simple Analytics. Not collecting any information would be silly and unrealistic for an analytics tool. We do collect information that is necessary to show you simple analytics, but unlike other analytics tools, we don’t collect more than absolutely necessary. A full list of what's collected by our analytics can be found here.
3. In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice, only if you proceed with Klarna as a payment method.
Laws, Regulations and Supervisory Authority.
The laws that govern personal data in Portugal are:
- REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
- Lei n.º 67/98 de 26 de Outubro, LEI DA PROTECÇÃO DE DADOS PESSOAIS.
The independent authority that upholds information rights in the public interest in Portugal is the Comissão Nacional de Protecção de Dados (the “CNPD”). Further information can be found at https://www.cnpd.pt.