SplitEQ is both a surgical tool for fixing particularly nasty problems and a creative tool that opens up exciting new musical possibilities. More than just an EQ—It’s a new and better tool. At first glance, it’s a parametric EQ with 8 bands of precise musical filters. What’s new and different is Eventide’s powerful Structural Split engine divides the incoming audio into separate Transient and Tonal streams that feed the 8 bands of “Split” parametric EQ. This approach is musically useful and makes common EQ problems easy to solve, even in a complex mix.
Want to soften the transients? Use the master Transient Gain slider.
Remove plosives or de-ess? EQ only the Transient.
Reduce snare ring? Put a filter on the Tonal mids.
By applying EQ to Transient and Tonal separately, you can fix many of the problems normally attempted by complex combinations of EQ, compression, transient designers, de-essers, multi-band compression, spatial processors, or dynamic EQ. Simplify and declutter your workflow, get better results and create new sounds.
- World-class 8-band parametric EQ with pristine musical filters
- EQ Transient and Tonal parts of a sound separately using Eventide’s patented Structural Split™ technology
- Control Transient and Tonal Output levels
- Enhance the stereo-field with continuous Transient and Tonal panning controls (L/R and Mid/Side modes)
- Control the underlying Split technology for fine tuning and experimentation
- Globally scale the EQ curves together or independently
- Peak, Notch, Bandpass, High Shelf, Low Shelf, Tilt Shelf, High Pass, and Low Pass filter types with slopes from 6 to 96 dB/octave
- Innovative real-time spectrum analyzer displays the Transient and Tonal streams independently
- Comprehensive Presets Library includes 150+ presets
- A/B buttons allow quick auditioning of two presets or settings plus Undo/ Redo functionality
- Resizable GUI with zoom options
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.