The Chandler Limited RS660 Compressor builds upon the technological advancements that began with the historic EMI RS124 and Fairchild 660 compressors used at EMI’s Abbey Road Studios during the 1960s, and distills them into a refined and elegant compression circuit…that is the RS660 Compressor. Rather than a reproduction of existing equipment, the RS660 Compressor stands apart and represents a path forward in the recording engineering development department.
Built around the 6386 vacuum tube, the RS660 Compressor is meticulously tuned for a sound, and the result is a more efficient means to achieve the desired characteristics of the historic 660 and beyond. Capable of taming an array of dynamic sources from sensitive vocals to explosive drums, the RS660 Compressor and limiter is at home alongside the historic units from which it was hewn and adds to the modern engineer’s cache of analog signal processors.
The Chandler Limited RS660 Compressor is a handmade, mono/linkable, transformer-balanced valve (vacuum tube) compressor and limiter, packaged in a dual rack space configuration with an internal power supply. The Chandler Limited EMI Abbey Road Studios RS660 Compressor’s feature-set includes: Input, Output, Time Constant, THD, Comp, Limit, Link and selectable Output Impedance.
- Handmade, mono/linkable, transformer-balanced valve (vacuum tube) compressor and limiter
- Builds upon the technological advancements that began with the historic EMI RS124 and Fairchild 660 compressors
- Perfect on a variety of sources from sensitive vocals to explosive drums
- Feature set including Input, Output, Time Constant, THD, Comp, Limit, Link and selectable Output Impedance
- 2U 19" rack-mount chassis
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.