Telefunken Elektroakustik TF11
Blending an Austrian-inspired voicing similar to the legendary C12 with modern FET high performance, the phantom-powered TF11 exhibits a beautifully open and detailed frequency response with exceptionally fast transient response, high SPL handling, and low self-noise. The compact, cardioid only TF11 is versatile, portable, and dependable for all recording environments from home to studio to stage.
The TF11 Stereo Set provides a beautifully open and realistic stereo image, ideal for studio or stage. Blending an Austrian-inspired voicing similar to the legendary C12 with modern FET high performance, the Cardioid-only TF11 features a beautifully open and detailed frequency response with exceptionally fast transient response, high SPL handling, and low self-noise.
When used as a stereo pair, the TF11 provides a very realistic sound stage with impressive depth and clarity. The compact, phantom-powered TF11 is versatile, portable, and dependable for all recording environments from home to studio to stage. Hand-assembled and precision matched in the USA, the TF11 Stereo Set features matched CK12-style edge terminated capsules, premium through-hole components, discrete JFET amplifier hand tuned for matched gain and noise, and custom UK-made OEP/Carnhill output transformers.
The TF11 features a unique combination of circuit elements shared with other TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik designs. The CK12-style edge terminated capsule is a single membrane version of the capsule featured in the TF51. The amplifier is a unique proprietary take on the classic FET microphone amplifier similar to the M60, coupled with a custom large format nickel-iron core transformer made in the UK by OEP/Carnhill. Premium through-hole components include UK-made polystyrene film capacitors, Nichicon Fine Gold electrolytic capacitors, and a high-performance, ultra-low-noise JFET amplifier.
• Cardioid polar pattern
• Compact travel and budget friendly design
• Open and detailed tone with fast transient response
• Designed and assembled by hand in the USA
• High SPL handling, low noise phantom-powered FET amplifier
• CK12-style capsule and UK-made OEP/Carnhill transformer
• Live Sound: Drums, Piano, Acoustic Instruments
• Vocals: Pop, Rock
• Drums: Overheads
• Acoustic Guitar
• Cello, Upright Bass
Every TF11 FET microphone system comes with a MC11 Microphone Case, M 703 Shock Mount, M 782 Stand Mount, and Microphone Sleeve.
- Type: FET Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±3 dB
- Power Source: +48V Phantom Power
- Capsule: TK51S - Edge Terminated Large Diaphragm, Single Membrane
- Tube: n/a
- Transformer: OEP/Carnhill T218
- Sensitivity: 14 mV/Pa, ±1 dB
- THD at 1kHZ at 1Pa (Amplifier): < 0.01%
- Output Impedance: 110 Ω
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): > 135 dB
- S/N Ratio: 90 dBA
- Self Noise (Amplifier): 4 dBA
- Dimensions: 175 mm L x 46 mm Dia
- Weight: 545 g
- Included Accessories: Shock Mount, Stand Mount, Mic Sleeve, Mic Case