SSL Nucleus 2
Nucleus2 is a unique proposition for the professional project studio with a perfect blend of advanced DAW control, transparent SuperAnalogueTM monitoring with talkback, SSL console grade mic pres, pro quality Dante audio interface and bundled SSL Native plug-ins. There is no other product available which offers the professional producer all of these elements, with benchmark audio performance and elegant ergonomics. Not only is it unique but Nucleus2 is also outstanding value; these elements bought separately would cost more and deliver a less elegant solution.
Nucleus2 is a compact, portable desktop unit that creates a comfortable, efficient, hands on operating environment for DAW based Music and Film/TV Post production. It provides everything you need to record and monitor audio and to control your DAW quickly and efficiently without resorting to your mouse. Nucleus2 streamlines your workflow and helps you focus on your sound, not your screen.
Nucleus2 connects to your computer via high speed Ethernet for DAW control and Dante Audio. It also features a USB connection and appears to your host computer as a standard keyboard enabling key command emulation. There are three USB ports on the back which operate as a USB hub. A standard jack footswitch connection is also included and there is also an SD card slot for Profile storage. Configuration and mapping of Key commands and DAW Commands is via a remote "SSL Logicitivity" browser, which allows differing control profile sets to be stored and recalled.
SSL Native Plug-ins
We could have stopped there but because we can, we chose to endow Nucleus2 with one final killer feature; it includes the SSL Native Essentials Bundle. This includes the new SSL Native versions of the SSL Channel EQ & Dynamics and Stereo Bus Compressor VST/AU/AAX plug-ins. The EQ & Dynamics Channel is the classic SSL Console Channel Strip with 4 band parametric EQ, Compressor/Expander/Gate, High Pass and Low Pass filters. The SSL Native Bus Compressor is the sound of the classic SSL Stereo Bus Compressor from the 1980's G Series analogue console delivered in plug-in form.
- Excellent visual feedback via self illuminating buttons, LED's and DAW Level Metering
- Compatible with ProTools, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo and all major DAW applications
- Switch between 3 connected DAW's with a single button press
- Two banks of 8 channel controls plus centre section controls
- Touch sensitive 100mm motorised faders
- Ethernet connected DAW Controller for professional project studios
- Digital Scribble Strips with assignable V-Pots and soft keys
- Completely user customisable DAW & Key Command mapping
- Remote Logictivity Browser for effortless configuration
- SD card for non volatile project storage
- Large heavy duty transport buttons and high quality jog/shuttle wheel
- Digital S/PDIF I/O to the AD/DA of the audio interface
- Two headphone outputs and one iJack monitor input
- Standard 1/4" Jack footswitch connection
- A unique audio nerve centre for your project studio
- Benchmark SuperAnalogueTM quality output to 2 stereo sets of +4dBu monitor outputs
- High quality Dante audio interface (44.1kHz – 96kHz, 24 Bit) over ethernet
- Zero latency Rec monitoring with wet/dry control to balance input and DAW playback
- Two Combi XLR mic/line/instrument level inputs to audio interface and monitor outputs
- Insert send/return connections switched between inputs and DAW playback for mixdown
- SSL SuperAnalogueTM Mic Pre's, identical to those used on SSL Duality and AWS consoles
- Mic inputs have 80Hz High Pass Filters, Phase Reverse and Phantom Power
- Additional "external" SuperAnalogueTM input monitor path for another audio interface
- Three USB sockets for use as a 3 port USB hub
- Dual Ethernet ports for incorporating additional Dante devices into your studio