We used the expertise and reputation obtained with its popular hand wired, extremely The HA73 Elite single channel microphone preamp is made to the same specifications as the acclaimed ´73JR and DMA73 Heritage Audio models at a price never heard before.
Leveraging time-consuming hand soldered series, HA is able to offer a zero compromise, high quality yet very affordable alternative to the growing entry-level brands.
A combination of mass production, lean manufacturing and modern construction techniques, minimizes hand labor and therefore its high associated costs when manufacturing takes place in Western Europe. By passing the savings straight into the end users´ pockets, Heritage Audio releases the most affordable outboard preamps and equalizers in its class up to date.
Key components to obtain a true vintage sound are indeed maintained, like the industry standard Carnhill transformers, hand wound in St Ives, England.
Manufactured in the same Spanish facilities as the rest of the HA line of products, the rack mountable HA73 Elite presents the classic sounding recording preamp that, for generations, has been regarded for its rich, musical qualities and its ability to dramatically improve the sound of almost any source.
Further, it includes the same exact great sounding JFET DI circuit found in the ´73JR and a fully discrete class A high pass filter.
With 80 dB of available gain and dedicated mic, line, and instrument inputs; the HA73 Elite has everything you need to bring microphones and instruments to life with vintage vibe and thickness.
The HA73 Elite features gain, output trim, -20db pad, polarity reverse, a high pass filter, and +48v phantom power. It comes housed in a rugged 1RU British steel chassis and utilizes an external power supply for low noise operation. The HA73 features Carnhill input and output transformers, high quality pots and switches, and best of all is 100% made by Heritage Audio.
Features & Specs:
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for low gain ribbon mics. Input is transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10KOhms bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 Ohms.
- Maximum output: Greater than +26.5dBu into 600 Ohms (internally terminated)
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1Khz, Less than 0.05% at 100Hz.
- Frequency response :20Hz (+0.3dB) to 20Khz (-0.2dB).
- Maximum Gain: Slightly greater than 80dB.
- Equivalent Input Noise: Less than -125dBu.
- Output stage noise: Less than -100dBu.
- Power consumption: Less than 95 mA @48VDC.