Cranborne Audio N22H
The Cranborne Audio N22H is a standalone reference-quality headphone amplifier, a cable management system, and an advanced headphone distribution system. N22H is a headphone amp that can be deployed exactly where it is needed - right beside the musician, using a single Cat 5 cable.
Paired with another C.A.S.T. enabled product via Cat 5, N22H can transmit 2 mic/line signals into the connected device for processing whilst simultaneously receiving a stereo monitor mix directly into it's reference-quality headphone output.
Standalone Reference-Quality Amplification
Featuring the same low-distortion, high-current amplifier design developed for our 500R8 Audio Interface, N22H is a palm-sized monitoring tool for musicians and engineers looking for reference-quality headphone amplification for studio or stage.
Switch the Source switch to 'In 1&2' and now line sources connected to N22H's inputs are sent directly into the headphone amp for standalone, portable, and powerful headphone amplification.
Put simply, C.A.S.T. replaces 4 balanced XLR cables with 1 Cat 5 cable. C.A.S.T (Cat 5 Analog Signal Transport) repurposes the internal copper wiring of a shielded Cat 5 cable to transmit 4 channels of balanced analog audio over distances of up to 100m.
Cranborne developed C.A.S.T. to enable us to provide the perfect platform for distributing audio around studios or stages whilst reducing cable clutter, improving sonic performance, reducing costs, and increasing the flexibility of any audio distribution setup.
Advanced C.A.S.T. Expander
Connect N22H into 500R8's or 500ADAT's C.A.S.T. Input connectors and then mic/line sources connected to N22H’s inputs are sent directly to the interface's inputs ready for recording via C.A.S.T. Meanwhile, a stereo monitor mix generated by 500R8/500ADAT is carried down the same C.A.S.T connection and directly into N22H’s high-powered headphone amplifier and dual ¼” jack line outputs for zero-latency analog monitoring.
Standalone CAT5 Snake
Replace cumbersome and expensive analog multicore systems by using N22H in conjunction with N22 to send and receive balanced analog audio between two locations. Connect N22H with your current audio interface and distribute audio into the vocal booth, into the live room, or temporarily into the hallway using a single Cat 5 cable.
- Two combi jack inputs
- Two 1/4” jack outputs
- 1/4” & 1/8” headphone outputs
- Reference-quality, high power headphone amp with level control
- Headphone amplifier "Source" switch for C.A.S.T or standalone operation
- Mono/Stereo width switch for headphone output
- 9V battery compartment
- C.A.S.T IN RRTT Port
- C.A.S.T OUT TTRR Port
- Advanced connectivity with 500R8, 500ADAT, and Camden EC2
- Cat5 snake connectivity with an N22 or a second N22H
- Standard 9v DC pedalboard-style power supply input (not included)
- Completely passive operation when headphone amp not required
- Compatible with any shielded Cat5 cable with distances up to 100 m
- Improved crosstalk performance with Cat 6e and Cat7
- Ruggedised metal enclosure
- Fixing holes for permanent installation