Cranborne Audio Camden EC2
Cranborne Audio EC2 Preamp is a two channel low noise, transparent preamp, that also features two analogue saturation circuits and dual reference-quality headphone amplifiers with discrete line mixers.
Combined with the custom Mojo analogue saturation circuit, Camden EC2 can take on the persona of a vintage British-style transformer-based preamp using Thump, a gooey tube-based preamp using Cream, or an astoundingly clean and natural preamp when Mojo is bypassed. Switch each Camden preamp into their line mode and now the Mojo saturation circuits can apply vintage colouration onto your stems and even stereo mixes during the mix phase.
Featuring a custom transformerless front-end topology with 68.5dB of gain, Camden EC2 achieves groundbreaking performance in noise, distortion, frequency response, and phase shift throughout all 12 gain positions. Each of EC2's preamp's feature tailored input impedance and headroom for Mic, Line, and Hi-Z sources using a dedicated 3-way input type switch on each channel.
Two reference-quality headphone amplifiers with discrete line mixers allow for direct monitoring of both Camden preamps using headphones connected directly to Camden EC2’s front panel.
Monitor the preamp during mic placement to find the sweet spot of a guitar cab, kick drum, or acoustic instrument; alternatively, configure them to create a zero-latency all analogue monitor mix combining the local Camden preamps with playback incoming from an external playback source via Camden EC2’s rear panel Aux Inputs.
- Discrete mic/line/hi-z preamp featuring the award-winning ‘Camden’ topology from the Camden 500 Preamp and Signal Processor for 500 series
- Audio performance at the near-theoretical limits of noise, distortion, and phase/frequency linearity at all gain settings
- 48V orange LED indicates voltage charging or dissipating to prevent damage to ribbon microphones and to ensure voltage is fully charged before use; red indicates when voltage is fully charged and ready to use
- ‘Mojo’ analog saturation circuits with variable control, true bypass, and 2 discrete styles - Thump and Cream
- Create zero-latency artist mixes by combining the Camden preamp with external playback from Aux Input 1/4” jacks on Camden EC1’s rear panel
- Use the reference grade headphone amplifier for critical listening by sending stereo mixes from the interface into the Aux input and monitoring directly using Camden EC1’s headphone output
- Reference-quality, high-powered headphone amplifier
- Balanced XLR output and impedance balanced 1/4” jack outputs for maximum connectivity into audio interfaces and other downstream equipment
- -10 dB PAD to attenuate preamp output for low-headroom audio interfaces
- Dedicated Impedance balanced 1/4" jack Link output for true instrument DI functionality and splitting instrument inputs to balanced or unbalanced amplifiers and effects
- C.A.S.T. OUT port for connecting into 500R8/500ADAT