- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
ex VAT: €308,13
The Cranborne Audio Camden 500 is a low-noise, transparent microphone preamp, that also features two analogue saturation circuits.
Whilst preamp specifications often quote fantastic figures at specific gain values, when the gain is increased, those figures often change radically. Camden 500 was designed to retain all of its impressive performance specifications at all gain positions from 8 dB to 68 dB. This means that even when the preamp is running at maximum gain, the Phase and Frequency response remains linear and THD always remains inaudible - enabling all gain positions to be usable for any source and mic combination.
The "Mojo" parameter has two discrete analogue saturation styles that transform Camden 500 into the fattest, warmest, and most characterful preamp in your arsenal - all at the turn of a dial. Perhaps best of all, unlike transformer and other legacy designs, Mojo can be subtle, it can also be exaggerated, but it can also be bypassed.
"Thump" mode is a style that works best on low-frequency based instruments. Thump excites low-end content by boosting harmonics in the range of ~100 Hz to 20 Hz and below without increasing the fundamental frequencies
"Cream" mode introduces a vintage smoothness that enables tracks to sit deep within a complex mix in a way that cannot be replicated with EQ. The Cream setting drastically increases THD whilst smoothing-out the low-mids. As with Thump, Cream is not EQ based and is purely achieved by blending 2 saturation stages with the dry signal and additional harmonics.
- Fully-discrete, transformerless design featuring custom ‘Camden’ preamp topology designed by Cranbourne Director of Engineering, Edward Holmes
- Performs at the near-theoretical limits of noise, distortion, and phase/frequency linearity at all gain settings
- Optimized input Impedance and input headroom for Mic, Line, and Hi-z sources
- Custom ‘Mojo’ analog saturation circuit with variable control, true bypass, and 2 discrete styles - Thump and Cream
- Gold Flashing on backplane contacts for increase conductivity and durability
- Designed, engineered in the United Kingdom
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.