- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
ex VAT: €1.780,49
The CA-70S single channel preamplifier is a 2U standalone version of the CA-70 PS6 preamp module. Power is housed on board, and a streamlined control layout. It boasts the exact same American style circuit, tubes, transformers, and high-end components as its PS6 sibling but with an elegant, user-friendly design. Simply put, the CA-70S is the easiest way to get those classic heavy Octal tube tones into your studio.
The (INPUT) pad section contains a phase reverse switch, and a 6 position pad network. The first four positions are various 150/250 ohm mic pads; -6db, -12db, and -19db. The final two (LN 1 & LN 2) positions allow line-level signal to run through the amplifier providing tone-shaping capabilities while mixing from your DAW, Tape Machine, or other Line Level Devices – including other Preamps.
The (NF) control varies the amount of negative feedback present in the circuit. Counter-clockwise brightens and moves the sound forward while raising harmonics and sensitivity. Clockwise increases negative feedback, producing a darker tone with a smooth, dampened harmonic structure.
The (HIGH) switch transitions from the natural openness of the tubes to a gentle filtering of upper frequencies.
The (LOW) switch reacts with the NF, boosting or cutting low frequency while moving the low end from front to back in the sound stage.
The (OUTPUT) control is placed between the 1st stage 6J7 and 2nd stage 6C5 tubes and sets the final level Output level.
- 2U steel enclosure with integrated power supply.
- CT-110HN high nickel input and CT-41 output transformers installed.
- Negative feedback tone adjustment with LOW filter.
- Two-stage 6J7/6C5 vacuum tube single ended circuit.
- 42db-54db of available gain.
- Flexible input pad section for Mic or Line level operation.
- 150 Ohm Mic input, 20k Line input, 600 Ohm output.
- NOS tubes, signal caps & resistors, PEC 2W carbon pots.
- Slow Ramping/Linear regulated Power Supply to prolong tube life.
- Hand built and tested in the USA.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.