- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
ex VAT: €1.780,49
The CA-70 preamplifier module pays homage to the classic American two-stage circuit invented by Western Electric™ in 1913 and manufactured by multiple companys from the 1930's through the 1950's – most notably RCA™, Gates™, and Langevin™. This old octal tube circuit has a huge thick tone and is what many consider to be the quintessential “old tube preamp” sound.
The CA-70 PS6 preamp module uses our own Coil Audio transformers, high quality capacitors, resistors, and NOS octal tubes. It's powered by our PS6 Rack Tray and Power Supply.
The (INPUT) pad section contains a phase reverse switch, and a 6 position pad network. The first four positions are various 150/250 ohm mic pads; -6db, -12db, and -19db. The final two (LN 1 & LN 2) positions allow line-level signal to run through the amplifier providing tone-shaping capabilities while mixing from your DAW, Tape Machine, or other Line Level Devices – including other Preamps.
The (NF) control varies the amount of negative feedback present in the circuit. Counter-clockwise brightens and moves the sound forward while raising harmonics and sensitivity. Clockwise increases negative feedback, producing a darker tone with a smooth, dampened harmonic structure.
The (HIGH) switch transitions from the natural openness of the tubes to a gentle filtering of upper frequencies.
The (LOW) switch reacts with the NF, boosting or cutting low frequency while moving the low end from front to back in the sound stage.
The (OUTPUT) control is placed between the 1st stage 6J7 and 2nd stage 6C5 tubes and sets the final level Output level.
- Two-stage 6J7/6c5 vacuum tube circuit.
- Negative feedback tone adjustment with high/low filters.
- 42db-54db of available gain.
- Flexible input pad section for mic or line level operation.
- 150 ohm mic, 20k line input, 600 ohm output.
- Interchangeable/optional input and output transformers.
- NOS tubes, signal caps & resistors, PEC 2w carbon pots.
- Up to six CA series amplifiers mount into our PS6 rack.
- Hand built and tested in the USA.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.