Avid Artist Mix
Mix music projects and sound for picture with greater speed and ease than a mouse. With Artist Mix, you have eight high-quality faders, eight knobs, transport controls, and multiple dedicated switches that provide precision control over your favorite EUCON-enabled audio and video applications. Get fast access to a variety of software functions right from the surface—with excellent visual feedback—all in a compact footprint that fits perfectly between your keyboard and screen. Plus, it pairs perfectly with Avid Dock and the Avid Control app to extend your workflow further.
Artist Mix features eight touch-sensitive faders, enabling you to call attention to a track in the software by simply touching a fader. Used in combination with the Bank and Nudge keys, you can navigate large mixes quickly, without clicking through your software. You can also record-enable, mute, solo, and assign tracks right from the surface. In addition, the mute and solo keys do double duty as transport control keys too.
The eight touch-sensitive knobs at the top of the surface can be used to control multiple functions. In normal mode, use the knobs to pan tracks. In channel mode, the knobs can be used to adjust individual parameters for plugins, EQ, dynamics, aux sends, VCA groups, and more. You can even flip control from the knobs to the faders, providing an alternative way of adjusting parameters for things like a graphic EQ.
View track information, status, and feedback for each fader strip through eight OLED screens. Each display shows the track’s name and name of the parameter currently assigned to the knob, along with a graphical display of the parameter setting. Plus, you can view meters (clip, peak, and normal) for mono, stereo, or surround tracks, as well as the track’s automation mode.
- Grab hold of your mix: why edit and mix one thing at a time with a keyboard and mouse? Artist Mix greatly accelerates your workflow so you can complete projects faster, without having to click around a software interface. Record-enable, solo, mute, and automate tracks from the surface. Adjust volume levels across multiple tracks simultaneously. Fine-tune compressors, gates, EQ, and more with a twist. You can even punch in and out of recordings by connecting a footswitch.
- Quickly navigate projects: no matter how large the session, you can easily get to the tracks you need directly from the surface. Bank through fader strips eight at a time. Or use the Nudge key to navigate through tracks one fader strip at a time. The surface also provides full transport controls. Not only do you get the usual suspects play, stop, record, fast-forward, and rewind, but also RTZ (return to zero), plus previous and next keys to navigate markers.
- Adjust parameters with a twist: control everything from panning and gain to plugins, EQ settings, and more using the eight press-and-turn knobs. With their touch-sensitivity, you can write automation quickly and intuitively. They’re also velocity-sensitive, enabling you to quickly sweep from minimum to maximum parameter values in one turn. Or make very precise adjustments by turning the knob slowly. Press the knob tops to instantiate plugins, sends, and more.
- Mix with precision: get accurate and smooth mixing control through eight motorized, touch-sensitive, 100mm long throw faders. Just touch a fader to select the corresponding track for editing. You can also lock individual tracks to faders and store them as Layouts, up to 48 per project, for easy recall, making mixing large projects a breeze. You can save multiple Layouts to mix groups of tracks, such as drums or backing vocals, or just lock a fader to act as a master fader.
- Create a custom surface: all Artist Series controllers are modular, so you can combine them together into a single slimline surface to suit your workflow. Connect up to one Artist Control, four Artist Mixes, one Artist Transport, and one Artist Color in any order for a total of up to 36 faders. Or use them separately, as each controller has its own Ethernet connection.
- Extend your workflow with your iPad: got an iPad? Download our free Avid Control iOS app for iPad and use it alongside your Artist Mix to work even easier. Like Artist Mix, Pro Tools | Control is powered by EUCON technology, enabling you to take control of your favorite audio and video applications. And when used with Artist Mix, you gain new touchscreen workflows, Soft Keys control, additional visual feedback, a counter display, and customizable layouts.
All prices on our website include 23% Portuguese VAT and are also displayed VAT free. If you’re buying from outside of Portugal and have a VAT registered business within the EU, you can buy directly on our store without VAT. Just add the product to your cart and go to the checkout page and there will be an option for you to enter and validate your VAT ID. If it's accepted through our system your order will be completed and fulfilled without VAT. Please note, if you use an express checkout or buy it now button the option to buy without VAT isn't available, you need to add the product to cart first and use the standard checkout procedure.
We can ship worldwide but our online store is configured to only handle orders to EU (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden) and Schengen countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland). If you want us to ship to a country outside this list just get and touch with us so we can quote you and let you know how much it would be to fulfil such order.
For all orders over €400 will automatically receive free shipping during checkout, if it's for one of mainland EU countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia). No need to add a promo code or voucher, it's all done automatically!
We have access to all the products of the brands we represent, however not all of them are listed. Please get in touch and let us know what you’re looking for, we can pretty much guarantee the best price in Europe.
We use UPS so you can expect 1 - 3 business days to get it after we ship (1-2 days if we’re shipping to continental Portugal). If the item you bought is in stock, we usually ship the same day (for orders placed until 11AM) or the next day at the latest. If we’re out of stock, we can usually get the products in 2-5 working days. Please get in touch if you have a specific deadline you have to meet before ordering. In some cases we can ship a demo unit to get you to work if the manufacturer has a longer lead time.
Regarding plugin sales in our online store, those are processed automatically so you'll receive your code immediately after your purchase!
Bank transfer is preferred, but we take all major credit cards, PayPal, or cash if you’re picking up the gear at our shop. We don’t accept debit cards or checks at the moment. If you’re looking for financing for your purchase get in touch as we might be able to help you with that.
According to EU law, we accept returns for all the products purchased through our online store during the next 14 days after receiving the goods, provided that the packaging is in it’s original condition. If this is not the case, we reserve the right to refuse the return or charge a re-stocking fee.
All returns need to be pre-approved by us and must be complete including accessories and documentation with original packaging.
You are responsible for return shipping costs including shipping insurance which is recommended to protect your items, as you are liable for items damaged during return shipment. Additionally, if you received free shipping on the order when we fulfilled it, we will be deducting the value of this shipping cost from your refund/discount.
We do not accept returns of the following goods: (1) Software and computers; (2) All custom or special order items; (3) Magnetic tape or other recording medium; (4) Personal use items, such as headphones or windscreens; (5) Studio furniture, racks and chairs.
After inspection of the returned goods, and providing that they meet the conditions stated above, we will issue a refund or give you credit for another purchase.
Everything we sell is covered by the manufacture's warranty, which is a least 1 year. Special conditions may apply.
Yes, we do. Please contact us to know if the software you’re looking for has an Education licence available.
We don’t through this website, but please check our Reverb store. There you can find B-Stock and Ex-Demo gear, as well as other stuff (used and new) from brands we don’t usually represent.
At Arda we try to work with only the best brands in the business, because we know how important is reliability in a professional environment. That being said, sometimes shit happens. If you run into some issue with anything you bought from us, please get in touch and we’ll try our best to take care of it ASAP. We might even be able to provide you with some sort of replacement gear in order to minimize downtime.