Apogee FX Rack Pultec MEQ-5
In our obsessive quest to reproduce every nuance of the Pultec Midrange Equalizer, we had a worthy partner – Steve Jackson of Pulse Techniques, the current manufacturer of new Pultec hardware. After careful analysis of several vintage and new Pultec MEQ-5 units, Apogee chose to model our plugin after one of Steve’s new units – it was like unboxing a brand new unit in 1959.
Legendary recording engineer Bob Clearmountain has used original Pultec EQs as an integral part of his mixing process since early days at New York’s Power Station studio, so he was thrilled to audition Steve’s re-creations. After careful listening, Bob determined that the new units were sonically identical to the originals. He uses new and original units interchangeably at Mix This, his Los Angeles-based studio.
After careful analysis of several vintage and new Pultec EQP-1A and MEQ-5 units, Apogee chose to model our plugin after Steve’s new hardware – it was like unboxing brand new units in 1959.
We’re proud that Apogee’s software Pultecs are the only EQP-1A and MEQ-5 type plugins endorsed and fully licensed by Steve and Pulse Techniques.
– The Apogee Pultec MEQ-5 Midrange Equalizer plugin precisely recreates the original hardware to sculpt critical midrange frequencies with precision and warmth
– Developed with Pulse Techniques, current manufacturer of hardware Pultec EQs
– Apogee plugin modeled from brand new Pultec unit
– Officially Licensed and Endorsed by Pulse Techniques
– Run natively in your favorite DAW on your Mac, no Apogee hardware required
– Runs on Apogee hardware DSP in Element Series and Ensemble Thunderbolt audio interfaces