Clearmountain’s Personalized FX Signal Flow
• Pre Delay/Reverb De-esser
• Pre Delay/Reverb EQ
• Stereo Delay with Spin Time Compensation
• Delay Blur (Saturation)
• Stereo Unison to Octave Pitch-Shift
• Clearmountain Spaces Convolution Reverbs
• FX Mixer
Clearmountain’s Classic Presets
Clearmountain Spaces, Convolution Reverbs
Real Time FX Visualizer
Over decades of mixing hit songs, Clearmountain has developed a complex and personalized hardware FX signal chain for creating the imaginary soundscapes where musical elements each have their own space and dimension, but remain cohesive to the whole. This FX signal chain, developed over decades, involves an entire studio’s worth of hardware gear – live echo chambers, delays, harmonizers, de-essers, EQs and a large format SSL analog mixing console. And lots of patch cords…so many patch cords! Reproducing this complicated interconnection of hardware using individual plugins in a DAW proved to be almost impossible. With Clearmountain’s Domain, it’s refreshingly simple to achieve Bob’s results with a mere click on a preset.
Classic presets make it easy to access iconic Clearmountain sounds and create your own
Thanks to the Clearmountain Classic presets, you don’t need an Engineering degree to get started – instead, start with the awe-inspiring sounds you know and love from your favorite Clearmountain mix!
Bob has carefully created each preset based on specific instruments and processing from his extensive catalog of timeless hit mixes. Looking to nail the Bowie “Let’s Dance” guitar and vocal delay or the Springsteen “Born in the USA” snare sound? Simply load the presets!
- Home -It’s easy to get started with Clearmountain’s Domain from the Home page – trim the Input level, then scroll through the Clearmountain-designed presets until you’ve found the ideal domain for your mix.
- Sidebar Signal Flow - If you need to tweak a preset, navigate through Advanced views from the Sidebar signal flow diagram. Click anywhere in the diagram to navigate to the specific settings and controls for that part of the signal flow.
- Input - “Pre-conditioning” the audio before sending it to reverb and delay is an important aspect of the plugin’s unique character. De-essing and 3-band EQ based on Clearmountain’s original hardware devices are included on this view.
- Delay - You’ll find all the settings you expect – and a few you don’t – for configuring the stereo delays. Set delay time according to session tempo or tap tempo; link Spin (feedback) for both sides and alter its routing; EQ each side independently; add Blur (saturation) for a crunchy, lo-fi sound.
- Pitch Shift/Reverb - Create subtle or outlandish sounds with up to an octave (+-) Delay Pitch Shift plus Random pitch modulation. Then send the perfect mix of direct, delay and pitched delay to any or all three reverbs. Now we’re deep in the Domain!
- Mixer - Create the ideal mix of the five FX processes – delay, pitch-shifted delay, and Bob’s three personalized convolution reverbs, then set the blend between the dry and wet signal.
- macOS 10.12.6 and higher
- 4 GB minimum RAM, 8GB of higher recommended
- Free Pace iLok account – physical iLok not required
- Windows 10 and higher
- 4 GB minimum RAM, 8 GB or higher recommended
- Free Pace iLok account - physical iLok not required